Saturday, November 3, 2007

Halloween




This was the first for me to celebrate Halloween in Canada. Wow. It’s crazy. You could see pumpkin lamps everywhere and people wore some amazing clothes which could surprise you deeply. Although we have celebrated Halloween before in China, the atmosphere was not ardent there. After all Halloween is the traditional festival in North America J. In Calgary I saw the real Halloween so that I got the real feelings about that.
This Monday I joined a Halloween party which held in UC with my friends. During the party, we enjoyed lots of entertainment including a costume contest, traditional Halloween games, an auction, Halloween treats, prizes, music, and dancing. Which I like mostly is dancing. Lots of students danced with the volunteer at the same time so that it was really interesting. What a pity, I did not. But I promised I would dance next Halloween.
On Wednesday, the Halloween, I exactly felt the atmosphere. Many pumpkin lamp were hanged in front of houses and people wore some scared clothes which they really wanted. To be honest, I did not fear but just a little worried that somebody scared you suddenly.
Halloween had gone in my first year in Calgary, but next year I would prepare well and enjoyed it adequately.

5 comments:

hjm.huang said...

yes, the first year is always the most interesting one, but when time passes,like me, the exicted feeling is getting less and less.

and it is said that if the house owner does not answer the door or give candy, then sometimes their windows may be broken by those naughty children.

so these two years, even my family was busy with their work, they made sure that i could stay at home to hand out snacks.

helen said...

Enjoy it. It is exicted.

Sharon said...

That's really interesting, have fun!

Helen said...

hey I am not a girl. I am a lady who is older than u.
lol. enjoy u new life

Jack said...

Definitely not, my young sister, I am older than you~